The Purple Company: Customer Service Professional
Position: Customer Service Professional
Location: Exeter / Remote
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20- £25k per annum + bonus
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, organised and enthusiastic Customer Service Professional to join our busy Sales team. The successful candidate will work alongside our new and existing customers in a wide variety of tasks designed to increase customer sales and help us to continue our business growth. Using a number of Key Performance indicators (KPIs) you will be provided with the structure, resources and tools to make this happen. By communicating effectively and using our specialist CRM software, the candidate will assess initial customer enquiries, advise clients as to the best available options for their need, provide details of pricing and guide our customers through the order process. Candidates will also be required to analyse and update existing data in order to maximise sales opportunities. As part of a small but vibrant team candidates will also be expected to display versatility and flexibility in adapting to fast moving sales situations and use their skills and strengths to support those around them as necessary.
We are an award winning innovative and driven Sales company who operate withing the exciting Promotional merchandise and corporate clothing industry. Our customers range from Multi-national businesses to smaller local enterprises. However, we apply our attention to detail, insight and enthusiasm to all our customers, whatever their size. We have a huge international supply chain and can supply and brand almost anything. That said, we have a core range of products that virtually all companies use and coupled with our extraordinary service levels we have built up a database of customers that makes us one of the top companies in our sector. We have locations in Exeter and Greater Manchester and a growth mindset that seeks, year on year, to develop and expand.
Organisational skills – You will need to be highly organised in order to deal with multiple enquiries, numerous demands on your time and to operate within a busy office environment. The successful candidate will be the ultimate ‘multi-tasker’. You will also need to become familiar with our range of core products quickly. Support and advice is never far away but in order to be highly effective you will need to be a quick learner.
IT Skills – You will need to be familiar with all of the usual office-based platforms (Outlook, Word, Excel). However, central to our business is a specialised CRM system that is used to store data, provide quotes / product information and supports the entire order process. Full training will be given but an ability to adapt to a new system and navigate efficiently is vital.
Communication skills – We communicate with our customers in a wide variety of ways and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in all of them. You will have the confidence to undertake face to face meetings (online and in person), have a pleasant telephone manner and be able to communicate effectively when writing emails.
Personal attributes – The successful candidate will be confident, energetic and enthusiastic. This will reflect pervading atmosphere within both our team and our industry. Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to learn new skills are also very important. Excellent time keeping, work ethic and professionalism are essential as is the ability to excel and thrive as part of a small team. We also value ambition and a willingness to succeed in our team members.
Sales skills – It is important the successful candidate has key selling skills. This can include spotting buying signals and acting upon them, evaluating the levels of interest that customers are expressing and working appropriately with them to close sales as and when appropriate.
- Meeting and exceeding all KPIs provided.
- Dealing with incoming enquiries by phone or email. These will then either be allocated to an account manager or dealt with by the candidate.
- Responding to enquiries by evaluating requirements, asking key questions (regarding budget, time scale, quantity etc) providing the most appropriate customer solution and then allocating orders or following up as necessary.
- Sending out useful information to clients and following up. This could include brochures, samples, presentations etc.
- Supporting Account managers by providing customers with important information (as above).
- Finding and communicating with exciting and valuable new prospects for the company.
- Using the CRM system to update contacts, apply new products, generate quotes, manage the diary system and provide reports.
- Staying informed of industry developments and trends and applying them to facilitate growth within the company.
- Attending sales meetings in order to share information, provide progress reports and feedback and develop and grow as a member of the team.
- Flexibly responding to requests from other team members in order to maximise sales opportunities and guarantee customer service and satisfaction. (Team player).
Salary 20-25k per annum + bonus
Fulltime and permanent
On site free parking
20 days + bank holidays annual holiday
Based on the above, do you have the right skillset (and mindset) to join our team? If you have, we would like to hear from you.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date 30th April 2021