Jack Nadel International: Global Trade Compliance Sr. Manager
Position: Global Trade Compliance Senior Manager
Location: Los Angeles, London or Amsterdam
Relocation: No relocation assistance offered for this position
email@example.com and Valerie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Nadel International deliver creative strategies, promotional products and technologies that enhance major brands around the world. We have a global network of over 24 worldwide offices and 250 employees.
As a Senior Manager, you will shape, guide & determine our global logistics & distribution strategy. Responsible for providing guidance to the coordination of international logistics to and from distribution centres located in North America, APAC & EMEA. This is a pivotal position requiring strategic management across the client servicing, procurement, E-commerce (Webstores), International Couriers and Distribution Centres teams. The candidate will possess a good commercial acumen and in-depth knowledge of global import requirements, rules & regulations. As a sole contributor, you will get the opportunity to implement, lead & drive a cross-functional centre of excellence to ensure optimum performance in our logistics & distribution centres operations while minimizing exposure / liability as well as any customs/import delays.
DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES:
- Responsible for the import & export processes of merchandise into the distribution centres of APAC & EMEA.
- Proactive management of import & export rules & regulations including but not limited to legal documentation, invoice requirements, FTA benefits, assessment and processing of import duties & taxes.
- Clear understanding of rules & regulations with respect to CBP, CBSA, HMRC, EU Customs Nomenclature, IC and Hong Kong Customs & Excise Department.
- In-depth understanding of the Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) and ability to properly classify commodities primarily in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, EU and India.
- Proactive coordination between the distribution centres & other departments such as accounting, account management & store development.
- Act as primary point of contact (POC) for escalation of import & export service inquiries.
- Draft, implement & enforce policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as required to efficiently and effectively maintain compliance to global trade regulations.
- Coordinate responses to official government inquiries, compliance audits, customs inspections and/or requests for information.
- Actively monitor global trade legislation, advising senior leadership of trends, business risks and mitigation strategies.
- Managing customs brokerage services and business relationship with 3rd party customs brokerage firms.
- Partner with Senior Management on ad hoc projects related to logistics & distribution centre management.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified Customs Specialist (C.C.S.) designation or Licensed Customs Broker (L.C.B.) required.
- College degree (minimum) in related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of related customs, trade compliance or import/export experience.
- Experience in the consumer goods vertical is preferable & strongly recommended.
- Candidate must be meticulous with excellent organization & multitasking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook Suite & Google Docs.
- Proficiency in English (written & spoken) as well as any other languages (preferably Mandarin/Cantonese) would be an asset.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States/The Netherlands/U.K. as sponsorship is not offered for the position.