Fluid Branding: UK & EU Procurement Administrator Apprentice
Position: UK & EU Procurement Administrator Apprentice
Location: Leeds or Bury St Edmunds
Head of UK & EU Procurement
As an Apprentice within the UK & EU Procurement department, you will be the first point of contact for incoming queries from a range of both internal and external stakeholders. Queries will come by way of email into a central UK & EU Procurement inbox managed by yourself. Your primary role is to support internal stakeholders and Suppliers; providing answers to their queries, carrying out administrative tasks, reviewing new Supplier opportunities and managing the new Supplier onboarding process. You will endeavour to deliver the best possible service to all who contact you, no matter their position or nature of their enquiry.
Knowledge and Specific Job Skills Summary
Applicants will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks for colleagues and Suppliers alike, at any given time. You will be service driven, and solution focused, with the confidence to use your initiative and make high velocity decisions. The role requires both agility and decisiveness, ensuring you can adapt quickly within a fast paced, ever changing industry. You will be able to demonstrate positivity and a commitment to excellence in your work and to the success of Fluid Branding. Desire to work towards your Level 3 Business Administration qualification as part of your apprenticeship.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage all incoming queries from colleagues and Suppliers alike.
- Effectively communicate important information both internally and externally.
- Interpret, evaluate and compare procurement information such as historical spend and Supplier performance, using system reporting and spreadsheets.
- Present findings and data in various formats including mathematically, written and oral.
- Seek and evaluate new Supplier and/or product opportunities.
- Manage the new Supplier onboarding process.
- Liaise with Suppliers to negotiate favourable payment terms.
- Work closely with our Accounts team to review and mitigate the financial risk of both new and existing Suppliers.
- Maintain and update accurate Supplier information within the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system.
- Ensure Key Suppliers are kept up to date with our latest company contact list.
Person Specification/Core Competencies
- Superb communication skills both written and verbal
- A polite and friendly manner
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to prioritise and manage several tasks at once
- Excellent computer skills
- Confident on the phone speaking with colleagues and suppliers
- Trustworthy and appreciates the need for confidentiality
- Good word, excel and I.T appreciation to enable a competent use of databases, spreadsheets, word processing and accounts packages
- Enjoys the challenge of working in an ever-changing environment and thrives on responsibility to make a positive impact
- Work for one of Europe’s fastest growing merchandise suppliers.
- Work in a friendly office with a hard-working team that loves what they do every day.
- Industry recognised education programme.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to kickstart and develop your career with a forward thinking and highly supportive business. We are looking for a hardworking individual with the desire and aspiration to grow within the business.
To apply for this role please send a CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org