Fluid Branding: Data Privacy Officer
Position: Data Privacy Officer
Chief Information Officer
Our continued year on year growth means opportunities for everyone. Fluid Branding is currently looking for a full-time Data Privacy Officer to join their forward-thinking team.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and further implementing the Company Privacy & Data Protection Program, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable European data protection laws.
The Data Privacy Officer will develop to serve as a subject matter resource on data protection issues, and will provide training to various teams across the organisation as well as defining and updating policies.
Knowledge and Specific Job Skills Summary
- Previous privacy experience / knowledge
- Identify and coordinate actions necessary to ensure that the organisation meets the requirements of GDPR.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the Data Privacy Officer.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Ensure compliance with data protection requirements.
- Hold and maintain professional qualities and expert knowledge of data protection law and practices to fulfil the tasks required of the role.
- Play a key role in fostering a data protection culture within the organisation and helping implement essential elements of the GDPR such as the principles of data processing, data subjects rights, data protection by design and default, records of processing activities, security of processing and notification and communication of data breaches.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) to develop and maintain a Compliance Plan that facilitates the monitoring of systems and controls to ensure that meets its regulatory responsibilities.
- Monitor compliance across the organisation paying due regard to the relevant legislation and regulation.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with business teams, encouraging a positive culture of compliance and ethical behaviour by working with the business to achieve a shared vision and strategy.
- Undertake security assessments requested by new and existing customers.
- Maintain Data Protection elements of the Information Security Management System.
To apply for this role please send a CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role to email@example.com