BX Merchandise Logistics/Operations Manager
Position: Office Manager / Logistics Administrator
Location: Brixton, London
Job Type: Full Time (9.00 – 5.30pm), Permanent
Salary: £25- £35k depending on experience
Sarah Sayed email@example.com
BX Merchandise is a fast-growing promotional merchandise company and they’re looking for a Logistics / Operations Co-ordinator to join their small but busy team in Brixton.
About the role
As a Logistics / Operations a large part of your day will spent supervising the packing/delivery staff and liaising with courier companies to ensure clients’ deadlines are met. There is lots of scope for personal and professional development with this role as the company continues to grow.
Logistics & Warehouse Responsibilities
- Running the in-house scheme for delivery of stock items for our clients
- Supervising junior staff (apprentice) members to ensure deliveries are sent out on time
- Manage all aspects of shipping routes and deliveries, both incoming and outbound.
- Liaising with different courier companies including DPD, Royal mail, and DHL
- Supervise the picking and packing of individual mail outs when they are fulfilled in house
- Research & implement new logistics, distribution and storage solutions where required.
- Manage inventory within the stock room
- Work closely with external fulfilment partners
- Implement and manage an HS Code catalogue
- Commercial invoice management for shipments business-wide
- Continually review freight costs and transportation rates to keep costs down
- Review shipment contents prior to releasing them from our facility
- Track and analyse miss shipments to ensure they don’t occur again
- Immediately respond to customer questions and complaints
- Notify customers about delivery schedule
- Work with production and account manager to discuss customer requirements and expectations and provide logistics quotes
Operations / Admin Responsibilities
- Project managing tender applications including writing and collating relevant data
- Assist with future recruitment projects
- Basic financial reporting and planning
- Researching strategies and solutions to cope with post Brexit challenges
- Manage apprenticeship program
- Contributing to company marketing strategies and business development
- Exploring EU warehousing and remote storage options
- Management of CRM database
- Support for sales director in planning & strategies
- Manage completion of ISO accreditations and update formal practices
- Organisation of paperwork and filing.
- Managing petty cash
Essential Skills / Experience
- Previous experience of logistics role with at least 1 year’s experience of international shipping
- Involvement in company pitches and tender applications
- A good grasp of the post Brexit challenges for import and export.
- Management skills, ability to work well in a small team.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills including MS Word, Excel
You may have experience of the following: Operations Manager, Logistics Co-Ordinator, Stock Management, Process Improvement, Administration Manager, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- Learning opportunities including external courses & in house training.
- Competitive salary
- Fast career progression with ability to develop your skillset.
- Regular company social events (Covid permitting)
- Company Pension Scheme
Please contact at BX Merchandise if you are interested on 0207 737 0315 or email through your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org